Lakewood is up and running! Welcome back teachers, students, and staff. We are excited for the 2019-2020 school year and all the fun things that we have planned. Keep an eye out for an updated PTO calendar coming home in the next few days as well as a letter explaining how much we’ve accomplished together! Tonight is the first PTO meeting at 6:30 in the school library. Kids are always welcome. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the PTO with any questions you may have. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are seeking table hosts. You can select any country or culture; you do not have to be from that place to host. Hosting means:
- Creating a board with information about the country or culture (and we have many already made if you want to choose one; we can send you the list).
- Displaying the board at International Night, along with any items reflective of the country or culture.
- Providing food samples representative of the country or culture.
- Staying at the table to share information and answer questions about the country or culture (6-7pm).
- We are seeking performers. In previous years, we have had a Korean drumming group, Irish dancers, and a Mariachi band. If you know of anyone who would like to perform, please let us know.
If you are interested in hosting, have an idea about a performance group, or have questions, please email Costanza Colombi (email@example.com) and Melissa Stull (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
The Lakewood Fun/Run is this upcoming Friday, October 19, 2018.
- Make sure to share this event with friends and family, eliciting support with pledges and donations!
- Continue to get those pledges and return them to Lakewood by the date of the run, Friday, Oct. 19.
- ALL Lakewood Lizards will participate, regardless of donations and/or pledges.
- Please dress your child accordingly on Friday.
- Thank you for all those who have signed up to help with the Fun Run/Walk!
- Some updates have been made. Please see the sign up for ways you can help.
Welcome back to Lakewood Elementary! We are so excited to start the 2018-2019 school year. Check back often for updates.
When: Friday June 1st 6-8pm
Where: Lakewood Elementary
What: End of year festival with games, food, and raffle prizes including bikes, a GoPro, an American Girl Doll and more!
RED ROBIN is back and so is DOMINOS PIZZA and KONA ICE!
Students will be coming home with ticket forms for raffle tickets and food/game tickets. These tickets will not be sent home with students this year but will be available at Will Call the night of the event.
- 30 tkts = $25.00
- 12 tkts = $10.00
- 1 tkt = $1.00
FOOD & GAME TICKETS
- 25 tkts = $10.00
- 1 tkt = $0.50
- WHOLE PIZZA = 16 tickets
- 1 SLICE = 2 tickets
- RED ROBIN BURGER = 5 tickets
- COMBO MEAL (inc. pop and chips) = 8 tickets
- POP/WATER = 2 tickets
- CHIPS = 2 tickets.
- KONA ICE IS CASH ONLY, $2, $3, $4, and $5 depending on size.
Raffle Ticket Sale Form 2018
We’re excited to announce the support of the following sponsors who have helped to kick off out first lakewood Fun Run/Walk! We really appreciate your contribution. Thank you to:
Decorations Sponsor: Out Loud Chorus (www.olconline.org).
Granola Bar Sponsors: Melissa Frayer, Sharlene Day and John Younger.
Water Bottle Sponsor: A & N Electric Inc. (licensed electrical contractor)
Fun Run/Walk Friend Scholarship Sponsor:
A & N Electric Inc. (licensed electrical contractor)
Hair by Jess
A special thank you to Belmark Lanes for being a sponsor for the Lakewood Elementary Fun Run/Walk. Belmark is always so generous to our students!
And don’t forget to submit your forms by Friday to support this awesome new event at Lakewood Elementary School!
Winter is coming and the leaves are falling! Grab a falling leaf off the front window to help warm the hearts and bodies of a Lakewood student. Each leaf includes an outerwear, clothing, accessories (shoes, etc.) or holiday gift for a Lakewood family. There are also leaves with monetary donation requests. Let’s rake up all the leaves by this Tuesday, November 21st so that our students can face the winter weather more comfortably. Please drop off your donations in the front office with the leaf attached. If it’s a holiday gift please wrap and put the leaf on top so it can be identified. Thank you in advance!